Is this supplement any good?I have an acquaintance who doesn’t buy our supplements, but loves to ask me for nutrition advice by sending photos of the latest cheap supplement they’ve bought, saying ‘is this one any good?’
should nutrition supplements contain wholefoods?
Multivitamin with Fruit & VegetablesFor this analysis we have a multivitamin that I’ll call ‘Multi X’ that as well as a basic multi (B vits, minerals etc) contains:
- 26 fruit and vegetable powders
- greens blend (spirula, alfalfa etc)
- a multivitamin plus antioxidants
- doesn’t have these fruit, veg & green powders
The wholefood product might sound better, based on all those extra ingredients right?
1. You cannot fit a worthwhile amount of the food powders into a tiny capsule.
- No; it still contains isolated nutrients like B Vitamins, Vitamin C, and minerals. What matters is whether the isolated nutrients are in a chemically natural form, which is often not the case in cheap supplements.
- Take your Pollution Protection multivitamin with breakfast/lunch and you absorb it perfectly. You’re better off adding a proper dose of organic green powder in juice on the side rather than a miniscule amount in the capsule.
Some of the ways Pollution Protection helps you:
🦴 Bone maintenance
💅 Skin, hair & nails
😷 Immune health
🩸 Hormonal regulation
🧘 Stress support
🌱 This multivitamin is great for vegans, having the best form of Vitamin B12 as well as Vegan D3.
♻️ Aluminium packaging is endlessly recyclable, very energy efficient to recycle, and lightweight, so has a lower transport footprint.
Plastic is not endlessly recyclable and glass is heavy, having a higher transport footprint
Premium nutrition ingredients you don’t get in lesser multivitamins
CoQ10 - used by your mitochondria to make energy. Declines with age, highly recommended for those using statins, which reduce CoQ10 in the body.
Alpha Lipoic Acid - enhances the power of other antioxidants, helps blood sugar control.
N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) - allows us to make an extremely important antioxidant, glutathione, itself poorly absorbed in supplement form.
The addition of these ingredients make Pollution Protection excellent value for money.
Magnesium in multivitamins
Multivitamins never have enough magnesium, you can’t physically fit a good amount in; nutritionists commonly recommend a separate magnesium supplement as we suffer depletion due to stress.
So, I highly recommend trying:
🔋Pollution Protection in the morning,
💤 Vital Minerals Magnesium or Night Support in the evening.
Thanks for reading! Let me know if you have any questions- email@example.com
Nutritional Therapist and founder of City Survivor